Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gradfest at SDSU

Today was day 2 of the graduation festival, or gradfest at San Diego State University. Basically get a couple thousand graduating seniors, throw them in a tent over 3 days and take their photos in less than 3 minutes each. AND make them look great! That was my task today. I have been doing this for years and I still love it. The pressure of taking someone you have just met and then take a great portrait of them keeps my adrenaline pumped.
I try to put myself in their head and think like they would. You really have to be as meticulous as they would be. These grads see themselves everyday in the mirror, so I have to be as picky as they would be, because I want them to go away knowing that I would be as particular about the way they look as they do. I am lucky that SDSU has some of the most beautiful people in the world! Just makes my job that much easier.

No comments: